We encourage our tutors to learn together with their students. Our training focuses on different communication styles to help tutors connect with students so that they can work out problems together. This makes the tutor a guide rather than an expert, allowing anyone to teach Math.
Below is a list of useful tools that that have helped our partners to engage with the Math curriculum. Equipped with these tools, tutors are able to take on challenging topics.
- Curriculum Assessment: know what your students need to achieve at each grade level
- Mathway: solve Math questions online
- Desmos: Graphing calculator
- OLICO: free resources and videos (sign in required)
- Kuta Software: downloadable high school math worksheets
- Common Core Sheets: practice times tables with fun mazes
- Fun Maths : junior Math worksheets
- Smart Kids (by Pearson): Math worksheets Gr 1-7
- Ukuqonda Institute: Gr 4-6 Math learner books and teacher guides
- Ukuqonda Institute: Gr 4-6 Math booklets
- Dreamer Education: posters, workbooks and CDs
- Suduko and Math games
“Thank you for getting us together with others and discussing each one’s opinion and also coming up with ideas that would encourage us to become better tutors.”Gillian, Beautiful Gate