Unequal access to resources is one of the key reasons for the state of education in South Africa today. In order to undo the injustices of the past and remediate learning, it is necessary that all schools have equal access to both basic and academic resources. Read more about the importance of access to resources.
Below is a list of CAPS-aligned, easy to use resources to help tutors support students with their schoolwork.
Department of Basic Education (DBE) COVID-19 Resources
Amended 2020 school calendar
Curriculum Recovery: amended curriculum for 2020 by grade and subject
Curriculum Assessment: know what your students need to achieve at each grade level
Online videos and games
Study guides and workbooks
- Mind the Gap Study Guides – Grade 12 study guides
- Via Africa – FET study guides in all subjects
- GROW Smart newspapers – colourful workbooks on different topic.
- Rainbow Workbooks for Gr R-9 – DBE workbooks
- Siyavula Resources – download full Math and Science textbooks
- Answer Series – 70% discount through Outliers
- Pearson – 30% discount through Outliers